The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation has released a new grant program designed to fill vacant storefronts and buildings called the Mainstreet Bounceback Program.
These grants are for local businesses that have recently moved or plan to move into vacant spaces within our communities. Details include:
· Each Grantee will receive $10,000
· The Grantee must move or expand into a previously vacant commercial space between 1/1/2021 – 6/30/2022
· Generally, the Grantee must not vacate another location to be eligible (some minor exceptions)
· The Funds may be used for lease or mortgage payments, operating expenses, building repairs, tenant improvements and other qualified expenses
· The Funds must not be used to pay for Residential property or for Landlords/real estate investment firms that intend to hold the property for investment purposes.
Please see information in the attached links for more information: