As of September 24, all voters with a valid absentee request have had their ballots mailed to them. They will arrive in envelopes like the one pictured. Please read all the instructions and return it to us as quickly as possible. Don’t forget to sign the envelope, have it witnessed and have the witness write their address below; otherwise your ballot will not count. For more information about the election navigate over to the Election Information page. Anyone who requests an absentee ballot can expect a 1-2 business day turnaround before their ballot will get mailed out. If you’d like to check on the status of your ballot go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. Thank you and stay safe!
Other Election Information:
Note: Due to a new Court Order some of these deadlines may change in the future but at this time these are the deadlines that are being advised by the Wisconsin Elections Commission.
I want to register to vote for the November 3, 2020 Election.
· Wisconsin does allow same day voter registration; however, we encourage you to complete the registration process ahead of time. The deadline to register on-line or by mail is Wednesday, October 14, 2020. You may register on-line at www.myvote.wi.gov (proof of residency required) or by completing the Voter Registration Form and submitting it along with a valid proof of residency. Note: You must have resided at the address you provide on your Registration Form for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election in order to vote in the Village of Montfort.
· After October 14, you will need to register in person in the Clerk/Treasurers office, 102 E. Park Street, Montfort, WI 53569. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., or at your polling location on Election Day, November 3, 2020. Registration in the Clerk/Treasurers office ends on Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
When will I get my ballot for the November 3 Election?
· The first day Absentee Ballots will be mailed is Thursday, September 17, 2020. After that date, the office will mail ballots out within 24 hours of receiving the approved absentee request.
How can I request an absentee ballot to be mailed?
· You may request an absentee ballot by mail via myvote.wi.gov or in writing to [email protected]. Please include your name, address, phone number and photo ID. The last day to request an absentee ballot by mail is Thursday, October 29, 2020 by 4:30pm.
When can I return my absentee ballot?
· Absentee ballots must be received by the Clerk/Treasurers office no later than 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
How can I return my absentee ballot?
· Absentee ballots may be returned via USPS, dropped of at the Clerk’s office or put in the payment drop box located the left of the front door of the Community Building/Village Office.
When can I do in-person absentee voting?
· In-Person absentee voting will be done at the Village Office, 102 E. Park Street, Montfort, WI starting on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 during business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The last day for In-Person absentee voting will be Thursday October 29, 2020. By 4:30 p.m.
Didn’t find the answer to your question? Please contact us at 608-943-6917.