VILLAGE OF MONTFORT
2020 SPRING ELECTION & PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY
Hello voters! Did you know you have options to cast your ballot for the April 7, 2020 election (and every election).
For the safety of our Clerk and poll workers we are strongly encouraging voters to vote absentee.
If you know of an elderly person who may need help requesting a ballot or making a copy of their photo ID please reach out to them and offer to help. Photos of ID can be taken on your phone and emailed to the clerk at [email protected].
Absentee Voting – Here are some options to do vote absentee:
1. Request an absentee ballot online at www.myvote.wi.gov prior to April 2nd, and a ballot will be mailed to you.
2. Voters may also request a mailed ballot in writing to the Village Clerk but be sure to include a copy of your photo ID with your request. This works great for travelers; those who have a suppressed immune system; or voters who just can’t make it to Village Office during working hours.
3. Go to the Clerk’s office and absentee vote in person Monday – Thursday 8-4:30. Reminder bring your ID. In-person voting ends on Thursday, April 2rd at 4:30 pm so plan ahead.
Are you registered? You must be registered to vote in order to request an absentee ballot. If you have not registered yet you can do one of the following:
1. Register online at www.myvote.wi.gov by 11:59pm on March30th. Registering online requires that you already have a valid, unexpired Wisconsin driver’s license or Wisconsin state ID card. The address, name, date of birth, and driver license number you are using to register to vote must match the information that DMV has on file for you. If you need to update your address with DMV, you can do so online at wisconsindot.gov.
2. Fill out the attached registration form and provide a copy of your proof of residence from the list attached and return it to your Clerk’s office.
3. The last day to register to vote in the Clerk’s office is Thursday April 2nd.
Please note that all requests can be mailed or dropped off in the drop box.
As of today March 25th, the election scheduled for April 7th will still be held at the Fire Station.
I will do my best to keep the community informed as I hear of anything new. If you have questions or need assistance with any of your voting options, please contact us at Montfort Village Office (608) 943-6917.
Absentee Ballot Application
Acceptable Photo ID
Voter Registration Application
Forms of Proof Of Residence